is open to all interested persons and organisations.
To join, click on Registration Form.
For inclusion to the NZCS mailing list please contact us at
Benefits of Membership to the NZ Cartographic Society
The New Zealand Cartographic Society's mission is to promote the development of cartography. The Society is an open association for those individuals and organisations with an interest, passion and excitement in the study, production and use of maps.
The main benefits of membership to the Society are:
- Membership of an active group of like-minded enthusiastic people.
- Access to an interesting local network of specialists, academics and practioners, representing the multi-faceted nature of Cartography in New Zealand, through the Society's website (http://www.cartography.org.nz/).
- Access to stimulating international specialists, academics and practitioners, through the International Cartographic Association (http://www.icaci.org/).
- Access to, and participation with, members of ICA's many working groups and commissions (http://www.icaci.org/).
- Ability to participate in ICA's International Cartographic Conferences which are held every alternate year (e.g. http://www.icc2011.fr/).
- The Society provides a forum for the presentation of work/study/enterprise at its biennial GeoCart conferences (http://www.cartography.org.nz/geocart.htm). These also provide the opportunity to learn from others experiences and mix socially. The conferences also provide the opportunity to maintain up-to-date knowledge of commercial mapping systems.
- A 10% discount for registration to the GeoCart 2012 Conference.
- Targeted training in cartographic principles and practices.
- Workshops and seminars as and when overseas experts visit New Zealand.
- Keeping up with activities and developments in New Zealand and overseas through the Society’s newsletter - the Cartogram - which is published three or four times each year (http://www.cartography.org.nz/publications.htm).
- Contributing to the health and wealth of Cartography in New Zealand.
- The NZCS is a registered incorporated society.
- It is inexpensive, with full Ordinary membership costing only NZ$50 per year.
- Concession* membership is also available, costing only NZ$10 per year.
After interest from industry, The NZCS has amended its' constitution to include two classes of Corporate membership. They are:
- Corporate Business: A Corporate employer that pays the NZCS Ordinary membership subscriptions in full for three or more nominated employees, is entitled to complimentary Corporate membership for the period covered by the paid subscriptions.
- Corporate Institution: Corporate bodies, libraries, and other non-commercial entities may become Corporate members upon payment of an annual subscription fee determined by the NZCS Committee
Benefits of Corporate membership: The corporate business will not have voting rights but will be offered discounts and priority booking for conference registration, NZCS training courses, workshops, trade shows, exhibitions, and other events. Facilitated access to International Cartographic Association conferences and workshops, and participation in the many specialised Commissions will be a major benefit for businesses wishing to participate in the international scene. The Corporate Member will be included in the NZCS mailing list and (if desired) have their logo or branding added to NZCS newsletters, promotional material, and other publications to which they have contributed or supported. Reciprocal promotional arrangements may be negotiated.
The process for joining the NZCS as a Corporate member is simple. Complete the form below, send it through and we will be in touch with an invoice. Payment details are included in the form.
Corporate Application Form
Thank you for your time and professional interest, and if you have any queries please contact us at
|Current Corporate Members: ||